Thursday, October 6, 2011

Larry Page and Sergey Brin: "Steve had a passion for excellence"

Like all the executives who knew Steve Jobs personally, the two big bosses at Google also mourn the death of the co-founder of Apple. The current CEO of Google, Larry Page, and special projects director, Sergey Brin, just now published statements on their profile on Google + over the loss of one of the great minds that the technology industry has ever known.


Larry Page remembered the moment that Steve Jobs offered advice to him, although not very well. He said:

"I'm very, very sad to hear the news about Steve. He was a great man with great brilliance and incredible achievements. [...] The focus on user experience over all was always an inspiration to me. He was very nice to talk to me when I became CEO of Google and spend their time offering advice and knowledge, although not any better. My thoughts and Google are with his family and the entire family of Apple "

 Sergey Brin said:

"Since the early days of Google, Larry and whenever I needed inspiration for vision and leadership, we did not need to look beyond Cupertino. Steve, his passion for excellence is felt by anyone who has ever touched an Apple product (including the Macbook in which I write this now). And I witnessed it in person the few times we met.

On behalf of all of us at Google and more widely in technology, we feel very much. My condolences to his family, friends and colleagues at Apple. "

On the Google homepage is a link to Apple's website accompanied by the words "Steve Jobs, 1955 - 2011."