Monday, June 13, 2011

Hands On: PlayStation Vita, straight from E3

Overall, I felt as if the PlayStation Vita was a PSP with a docked iPod touch in the middle. From what I played and watched, has very good games, and others who confuse the user to incorporate the amount of other possibilities. Interestingly, the game that used less resources was what I liked least, and apparently more complicated, Little Big Planet (video below), the most fun and easy to get the hang of the gameplay.


Besides Little Big Planet, I tested some other games as a result, the extent to which the developers were available to receive the press.


Hustle Kings - I confess I'm no fan of online pool, but the game had a very interesting gameplay, using the touch screen controls and to make the plays. Highlight the graphic details and realism in the game. Up close, you can see the scratches made shots.


Wipeout 2048 - It was the demo of cross-play with the PS3. PS I played in the Vita Studio against a representative of Liverpool on the PS3, a very interesting possibility. Better still was the knowledge that you can have a friend with PS Vita and play the same game for the PS3 from home via PSN! You can also play Wipeout using the normal controls or motion. In a unique approach, the rear sensor touch controls acceleration and braking, on screen, just press to shoot, and the tilt controls in Vita curves.

ModNation Racers - I did not see much new compared to the game that already exists for the PS3. In fact, I believe it is even the same game, only to have adapted the functions of the Vita. The highlight, besides using the touch controls to the track editor is the ability to download any of 2 million tracks published on the PSN so far. I asked if the opposite is possible (download the tracks made in the Vita for the PS3), but unfortunately will not be possible.